Saturday 13 February 2010

A new campaign... and my, it's off to a flyer.

Having read 'Newspeak in the 21st Century' by MediaLens duo David Edwards and David Cromwell and having become aware of just how much all mainstream media is subservient to those in power, I thought that I would recommend this book on the Guardian comments section after an article on iran (something covered in the book).  I thought that perhaps it was something I could do each time a relevant article and see how many messages it would take before they started taking them down.  Well, the answer is one.



usualsuspect83

13 Feb 2010, 4:33PM

Your comment has been removed by a moderator.  Replies may also be deleted.

Even though I said at the end of the comment, "Don't be surprised if this comment is deleted by the moderators".  You couldn't make it up.

I'd like to point out that it is entirely relevant to the piece in question, illustrated by the fact that they devote an entire chapter to the media portrayal of Iran.  Let's see what excuse they have for me... and how long they will put up with me recommending the book on their comments page.

I have sent this email:

Dear Sir/Madam


On this comment thread, I had a message deleted at 4:33pm, under the name usualsuspect83.  I would very much like to know for what reason it was deleted. 

Yours,

Ben King

Lets see what they say.

No comments: